When is it?
This insane conquest is going down from 12:00pm CDT til 12:00pm CDT, April 23-24.
TUNE IN ON TWITCH
Have you done this kinda thing before?
I’m somewhat of a veteran of this streaming last-minute stuff. I’ve done 3 streaming 8 hour gamejams in the past:
- Gloving Lawyer: Lord of Bird Law – little arena shooter thing for my friend Brandon where you murder lawyers with legal documents turned into paper planes. It’s exactly as awesome as it sounds.
- World of Nagatanks – little overhead tank-driving sim, made for my buddy Nagatron back when he was playing World of Tanks professionally. It’s surprisingly solid, and I remixed a couple World of Tanks songs live.
- Murderatti Golf – game for my friend Adam – little driving range simulator, and the only one I failed to really complete. For what it’s worth, it was a way larger scope game than either than the above.
And I made a 24 hour gamejam (you can actually play online) called Brutal Alien Throwdown: Resurrection that’s actually one of the most solid games I’ve ever made.
- Play here: www.vintagegames.us/batr
- Soundtrack here (made it live in a little over 7 hours)
What do you have in store for us?
Between 5 and 8 rock-solid tracks. I’ll be releasing them in stereo as well – I use a fakebit imitation NES (2a03) chip after all – might as well have a bit of fun with it. 🙂 – I’m hoping to improve on my work on Astral Acrobat, and all under an impossibly tight, live deadline!Why do I do these things, again? /dies
Run down of the 24hours
- 0:00 – 1:00 – Tutorial on my chip, how it works, and what I do to make music / my process
- 1:00 – 1:30 – Duplicating out all of my blank tracks, showing a bit more of OpenMPT / modplug under the hood / proving that no work has been done.
- 1:30 – 4:00 – First track.
- FIRST BREAK – 4:00 – 4:15
- 4:15 – 7:00 – Second track
- 7:00 – 9:00 – Third track
- SECOND BREAK – 9:00 – 9:30 (Dinner)
- 9:30 – 12:00 – Fourth track
- THIRD BREAK – 12:00 – 12:15
- 12:15 – 15:00 – Fifth track
- 15:00 – 16:00 – Cleaning up current completed tracks / finishing panning / making feasibility determinations on remaining track count
- FOURTH BREAK – 16:00 – 16:30 – (More Food)
- 16:30 – 20:00 – Sixth / Seventh track
- FIFTH AND FINAL BREAK – 20:00 – 20:15
- 20:15 – 23:00 – Eighth and final track
- 23:00 – 23:45 – Finishing touches / checking panning / etc.
- 23:45 – 24:00 – We’re done / thank yous / immediate coma
Anyone else involved?
Toni Leys – will be mastering the album
Sean – will be doing album art (album cover only / digital only)